Hidden Gardens at Victoria Park
The following is City Ordinance regarding Vacation Rentals in Fort Lauderdale pursuant to Section 15-278:
1. City of Fort Lauderdale advises the Occupant of these premises that any sound shall not be plainly audible for a period of one (1) minute or longer at a distance of twenty-five (25) feet or more when measured from the source property line between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. daily and at a distance of fifty (50) feet or more when measured from the source property line between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
2. Garbage Pick up is:
a. Wednesday: morning put out BLACK bin
b. Saturday: morning put out BLACK, green and blue trash
c. Bulk pick up is the 2nd Thursday of the month. Do not place any concrete, paint cans, or solvents.
d. No solid waste container shall be located at the curb for pickup before 6:00 p.m. the day prior to pickup, and solid waste containers must be removed before midnight of the day of pickup.
e. The property must be free of garbage and litter except the storage of garbage, and litter in authorized receptacles.
3. Maximium Occupancy: One (1) person per one hundred fifty (150) gross square feet of permitted, air-conditioned living space, and two (2) persons per sleeping room.
4. Parking: There are six parking spots in the front of Hidden Gardens at Victoria Park. Each unit is entitled to park up to two cars. The extra spots is for the owner or any service people that may need to park to service to the property. All vehicles associated with the Hidden Gardens at Victoria Park vacation rental must be parked in compliance with Chapter 26 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Fort Lauderdale. No trailers, RVs ,or boats are allowed.
5. Common area usage: The only common areas of usage are the walkways to enter and the pathway to the garbage storage.
6. Nonsmoking Policy: There is no smoking in the unit, in the common areas, or anywhere on the property, including the parking area.
7. Nearest Hospital: Holy Cross Hospital: 4725 N. Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, Fl. 33308. Phone: 954 771-8000.
8. Fort Lauderdale non-emergency police phone number: 954 828-5700.
9. Property Owner: Jon Smal, is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 954-708-0408.
10. No Sexual Offenders are allowed on this property for any reason, at anytime per section 16-27 of the Code of Ordinances of Fort Lauderdale.
11. Additionally, this Rental Agreement is subject to Sec. 15-278 of the vacation rental ordinance. Vacation Rental Standards-
The following standards shall govern the use of any vacation rental as a permitted use:
1. Minimum life/safety requirements:
A. Swimming pool, spa and hot tub safety. A swimming pool. Spa or hot tub shall comply with the current standards of the Residential Swimming Pool Safety Act. Chapter 515, Florida Statutes.
B. Sleeping rooms. All sleeping rooms shall meet the single- and two-family dwelling minimum requirements of the Florida Building Code.
C. Smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detection and notification system. If an interconnected and hard-wired smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detection and notification system is not in place within the vacation rental unit, then an interconnected, hard-wired smoke alarm and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm system shall be required to be installed and maintained on a continuing basis consistent with the requirements of Section R314, Smoke Alarms, and Section R315. Carbon Monoxide Alarms, of the Florida Building Code - Residential.
D. Fire extinguisher. A portable, multi-purpose drv chemical 2A: 108:C fire extinguisher shall be installed, inspected and maintained in accordance with NFPA 10 on each floor/level of the unit. The extinguisher(s) shall be installed on the wall in an open common area or in an enclosed space with appropriate markings visibly showing the location.
E. That all vehicles associated with the Vacation Rental must be parked within the subject property in compliance with the Code of Ordinances of the City of Fort Lauderdale.
2. Maximum occupancy. The occupancy of a Vacation Rental shall not exceed:
A. One (1) person per one hundred fifty (150) gross square feet of permitted, air-conditioned living space, and
B. Two (2) persons per sleeping room, meeting the requirements for a sleeping room.
3. Solid waste handling and containment. Based on the maximum transient occupancy permitted. City solid waste containers shall be as required in Chapter 24 of this Code. Appropriate screening and storage requirements for solid waste containers shall apply per any development approval and be incorporated into the Certificate. For purposes of this section. A solid waste container shall not be placed at curbside before 6:00 p.m. of the day prior to solid waste pickup, and the solid waste container shall be removed from curbside before midnight of the day of pickup.
4. Minimum vacation rental/lease agreement wording. The vacation rental/lease agreement shall contain the minimum information as provided for in this subsection 15-278.
5. Minimum vacation rental lessee information. The vacation rental lessee shall be provided with a copy of the information required in subsection 15-278 and shall post the following conspicuously within the establishment:
a. A statement advising the Occupant that any sound shall not be plainly audible for a period of one (1) minute or longer at a distance of twenty-five (25) feet or more when measured from the source property line between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. daily and at a distance of fifty (50) feet or more when measured from the source property line between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily;
b. A sketch of the location of the off-street parking spaces
c. The days and times of trash pickup
d. The notice of sea turtle nesting season and sea turtle lighting regulations. If applicable
e. The location of the nearest hospital; and
f. The City's non-emergency police phone number.
g. There shall be posted. Next to the interior door of each bedroom a legible copy of the building evacuation map - Minimum 8-1/2" by 11".
6. Designation of a vacation rental responsible party capable of meeting the duties provided in subsection 15-276.
7. Advertising. Any advertising of the vacation rental unit shall conform to information included in the Vacation Rental Certificate of Compliance and the property's approval, particularly as this pertains to maximum occupancy
8. Sexual offenders and sexual predators. It is unlawful to allow another person to occupy any residential property as a Vacation Rental within the City of Fort Lauderdale, with the knowledge that it will be occupied by a person prohibited from establishing a permanent residence or temporary residence at said residential property pursuant to section 16-127 of the Code of Ordinances. If such place, structure, or part thereof. Trailer or other conveyance, is located within one thousand four hundred (1.400) feet of any school. Designated public school bus stop. Child day care facility. Park or playground or other place where children regularly congregate as described in Article VI. Chapter 16 of the Code of Ordinances.
9. Posting of Certificate of Compliance. The Certificate of Compliance shall be posted on the back of or next to the main entrance door and shall include at a minimum the name. Address and phone number of the Responsible party and the maximum occupancy of the Vacation Rental.
10. That all vehicles associated with the Vacation Rental must be parked within a driveway in compliance with the Code of Ordinances of the City of Fort Lauderdale.
11. Other standards. Any other standards contained with the Code of Ordinances and the Unified Land Development Regulations of the City of Fort Lauderdale to include, but not be limited to: noise. Setbacks, stormwater and similar provisions.
It is unlawful for a sexual offender to occupy this residence.
Approved as a City of Fort Lauderdale Vacation Rental
Certificate of Compliance #1600746